Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grant of incentive for acquiring higher qualification

No.1/3/2008-Esst (Pay-I)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training

7th Floor, Loknayak Bhavan, Khan Market
New Delhi the 7th January, 2010

                                                         OFFICE MEMORANDUM

Subject:- Grant of incentive for acquiring higher qualification - Inclusion of additional qualifications/Review of the qualifications listed in the Annexure to this Department's OM No. 1/2/89-Estt (Pay-I) dated 9.4.99.

                                                                        *****

The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's OM of even number dated 28.4.2009 and reminders of even number dated 17.6.2009 and 20/8/2009 and 30.10.2009 calling for suggestions regarding addition / deletion of qualifications listed in the Annexure to this Department's OM dated 9.4.1999. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to furnish their considered views/suggestions in this regard to this Department within 30 days from the date of issuance of this OM.

(B.K.Mukhopadhyay)
Director (Pay)

2 comments:

  1. Grant of incentive for acquiring higher qualification - Inclusion of additional qualifications/Review of the qualifications listed in the Annexure to this Department's OM No. 1/2/89-Estt (Pay-I) dated 9.4.99.

    with ref. to above, following qualifications must also be included for awarding incentives for aquiring higher educational qualification during service:
    1) MBA Degree,
    2) Diploma in Management,
    3) Proficiency in Computer Application,
    4) Certificate course in Auto CADD,
    5) Phd in any area,
    6) Successfully Completing 'Special Training conducted by serving organisation to induce additional technological skills in its employee'.

    your's reply is eagerly awaited in this regard.

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have completed B.Sc in 1995, B.Tech(Electronics) in 1999 and I have joined the Forensic department in 2003 and I am pursuing Master of Science in Cyber law and Cyber Security (MSCS) after approval from my Department. Though I am examining Computer Forensic related cases ex. Cyber security and Mobile forensics my qualifications B.Tech(Electronics) is not included in RR since the RR has not been revised for last 30 years and I have also not received any incentive till date with regard to this qualification. Considering the demand of manpower for Cyber crime related cases I am pursuing MSCS and my office is not sponsoring for the course though the knowledge I acquire through this course is immensely helpful for examination of Cyber related cases. It is like a challenge that I am the first employee of my Department to take up any specialized course on cyber crime. Though I have given representation to my department there is no response till date and it is also not forwarded to the Home Ministry till date. The questions are when will the department will update RR according to the demand of the situation and whether I will be able to get sponsorship for MSCS from Govt. and atleast the incentive since I am spending lacs for my course.

    ReplyDelete

FREE EMAIL UPDATES

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner